Our History

About Jones Moving & Storage LLC

The Jones Warehouses firm was established around 1892 by Orrin E. Jones, a blacksmith. He first housed his household goods storage business in the Lester Hall block on Cranston Street. 
The Jones Warehouse

Learn More About Us

In 1893, he purchased the former gun factory, and in the next few years consolidated the business there and in his other buildings on Central Street. After his death in 1923, his son, George W. Jones took charge and continued to run the business until his death early in 1974. Today, Jones Moving & Storage LLC still provides superior customer service for all of your storage and moving needs.
People

Read About Our Historical Building

The Jones Warehouses are of local and statewide architectural importance. The plain-trimmed c. 1861-65 factory building with its clerestory roof is one of the oldest and least altered industrial structures in Providence and a very late example of a mill type, which was popular in Rhode Island in the first half of the nineteenth century.
Old buildings

Our Storage Facility

Buildings C and D, in addition to the considerable architectural merit of their unified exterior, possess great significance in being among the earliest buildings erected specifically for the storage of household goods in Providence.
Share by: